Simple yet yummy
Fish rice (Ngar htamin nae) is one of traditional delicacies of Shan State, strictly speaking a local food of Inn-Thar from Inn Lay lake.
Easy to cook with simple ingredients available everywhere. It goes really well with fried bean cured (Hto phoo khauk ) and sticky rice cracker (Kauk Nyin Kyauk).
So Many Foods from Shan state are very popular in Myanmar. This is a popular Shan styled Fish rice receipe where rices are mixed with fish and rice to make delicious. Thats cool right?
Let’s see and make yourself at home.
- Shan Rice -2 cups
- Snakehead Fish Fillet-500g
- Potatoes- 300g
- Tomatoes- 300g
- Garlic- 6 cloves
- Spring onion- 3 pieces
- Coriander- a few pieces
- Chili powder – 2 table spoon
- Fish sauce- 1 table spoon
- Bean Curd cracker /sticky rice cracker
- Allium hookeri root (Gyuu myit) – a few pieces
Sharing is Caring